Saturday, December 26, 2009

Youngsters keeps some sms's as sweet memories

Bangalore: Many youngsters in the city say that they prefer to store the messages sent by loved ones to preserve the memories and special occasions. These messages then become the source of warmth when they need it the most and that's why they refuse to delete it no matter what happens.

"I have saved a message that was sent three years ago. That was when my mom got her first mobile phone and had just learnt to send SMSes. She sent me one saying she loves me," says Shwetha N, an arts graduate to Deccan Chronicle.

Many people like to store the funny forwarded messages but there are others who only keep personal messages on the phone. "There's no place for forwards on my phone. I usually save "I'm sorry" messages whether they are from a love interest or a friend. I go through them in future, when I'm missing the person," says dancer Parabjeet Singh. The oldest message on his phone is one from 2006. "It is about a blooper that an ex-colleague made. It reads 'Check this out. Preeti said to the boss today: Can you please hold the line? I'm on another call'," he laughs.

There are also few people who prefer to save nasty messages sent by friend during fight. "I make sure to save the nasty ones too as they remind me of the negative side of the person. I refer to the messages later if I need to remind the person of the hurtful things he or she had said to me. I have messages from three to four years ago," says Purvi S, a business consultant.

It has happened many times with all of us that somehow we have managed to delete all our messages from the phone by mistake. To avoid it, youngsters in the city advise to always save a backup. Especially with mobile phone suite software, synchronizing your SMSes have become easier. "At times, I absent-mindedly remove my SIM card and end up losing the SMSes. Once my corrupt memory card was to blame. The sense of loss is immense when that happens," says Shwetha. "Also ensure that you don't lose your phone and no stranger has access to it. Just imagine, one look at the messages and he or she will have a glimpse into your life history," warns Purvi.

Previous Post's: Bollywood Celebrities to usher in the New Year

Home - About us - Register - Downloads - Download Toolbar - Contact us

LEGAL DECLAIMER

The content available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License and Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License. We're not responsible for any type of damages occured, while using of iEncyclopedia's content. For commercial content licensing, do follow the instructions in the Content Licensing Section to gain the commercial content license.

* * All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.

© iEncyclopedia Society, 2013.